Hewlett-Packard limited warranty statement
A. Extent of limited warranty
1. Hewlett-Packard (HP) warrants to the end-user customer that the HP products specified above will be free from
defects in materials and workmanship for the duration specified above, which duration begins on the date of
purchase by the customer.
2. For software products, HP’s limited warranty applies only to a failure to execute programming instructions. HP
does not warrant that the operation of any product will be interrupted or error free.
3. HP's limited warranty covers only those defects that arise as a result of normal use of the product, and does not
cover any other problems, including those that arise as a result of:
a. Improper maintenance or modification;
b. Software, media, parts, or supplies not provided or supported by HP;
c. Operation outside the product's specifications;
d. Unauthorized modification or misuse.
4. For HP printer products, the use of a non-HP cartridge or a refilled cartridge does not affect either the warranty
to the customer or any HP support contract with the customer. However, if printer failure or damage is
attributable to the use of a non-HP or refilled cartridge or an expired ink cartridge, HP will charge its standard
time and materials charges to service the printer for the particular failure or damage.
5. If HP receives, during the applicable warranty period, notice of a defect in any product which is covered by HP's
warranty, HP shall either repair or replace the product, at HP's option.
6. If HP is unable to repair or replace, as applicable, a defective product which is covered by HP's warranty, HP
shall, within a reasonable time after being notified of the defect, refund the purchase price for the product.
7. HP shall have no obligation to repair, replace, or refund until the customer returns the defective product to HP.
8. Any replacement product may be either new or like-new, provided that it has functionality at least equal to that of
the product being replaced.
9. HP products may contain remanufactured parts, components, or materials equivalent to new in performance.
10. HP's Limited Warranty Statement is valid in any country where the covered HP product is distributed by HP.
Contracts for additional warranty services, such as on-site service, may be available from any authorized HP
service facility in countries where the product is distributed by HP or by an authorized importer.
B. Limitations of warranty
TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LOCAL LAW, NEITHER HP NOR ITS THIRD PARTY SUPPLIERS MAKES
ANY OTHER WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES
OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
C. Limitations of liability
1. To the extent allowed by local law, the remedies provided in this Warranty Statement are the customer's sole
and exclusive remedies.
2. TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LOCAL LAW, EXCEPT FOR THE OBLIGATIONS SPECIFICALLY SET FORTH
IN THIS WARRANTY STATEMENT, IN NO EVENT SHALL HP OR ITS THIRD PARTY SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE
FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, WHETHER BASED ON
CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY AND WHETHER ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF
D. Local law
1. This Warranty Statement gives the customer specific legal rights. The customer may also have other rights
which vary from state to state in the United States, from province to province in Canada, and from country to
country elsewhere in the world.
2. To the extent that this Warranty Statement is inconsistent with local law, this Warranty Statement shall be
deemed modified to be consistent with such local law. Under such local law, certain disclaimers and limitations
of this Warranty Statement may not apply to the customer. For example, some states in the United States, as
well as some governments outside the United States (including provinces in Canada), may:
a. Preclude the disclaimers and limitations in this Warranty Statement from limiting the statutory rights of a
consumer (e.g., the United Kingdom);
b. Otherwise restrict the ability of a manufacturer to enforce such disclaimers or limitations; or
c. Grant the customer additional warranty rights, specify the duration of implied warranties which the
manufacturer cannot disclaim, or allow limitations on the duration of implied warranties.
3. THE TERMS IN THIS WARRANTY STATEMENT, EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT LAWFULLY PERMITTED, DO
NOT EXCLUDE, RESTRICT, OR MODIFY, AND ARE IN ADDITION TO, THE MANDATORY STATUTORY
RIGHTS APPLICABLE TO THE SALE OF THE HP PRODUCTS TO SUCH CUSTOMERS.
HP Limited Warranty
The name and address of the HP entity responsible for the performance of the HP Limited Warranty in your country is as
United Kingdom: Hewlett-Packard Ltd Cain Road Bracknell GB-Berks RG12 1HN
Eire: Hewlett-Packard Ireland Limited, 63-74 Sir John Rogerson's Quay, Dublin 2
Malta: Hewlett-Packard International Trade B.V. Malta Branch, 48, Amery Street, Sliema SLM 1701, MALTA
You may have additional statutory rights against the seller based on your purchase agreement. Those rights are not in any
way affected by this HP Limited Warranty.
Duration of limited warranty
Print or Ink cartridges
Until the HP ink is depleted or the “end of warranty” date
printed on the cartridge has been reached, whichever occurs
first. This warranty does not cover HP ink products that have
been refilled, remanufactured, refurbished, misused, or
Printheads (only applies to products with customer
1 year unless otherwise stated